Saturday, June 26, 2010

Red White and Blue

Well - the best thing about rainy days - I get lots of crafting done! :-) As I was out wandering in the blogging universe I came across the challenge over at the Cards blog for a fourth of July card. This worked out perfectly since I just got Unity's stamp set "Unity in America" you can only find it over at MMC - it is an exclusive to them.  It is a really great set - I really liked it since it has all the branches emblems and being a navy brat.......well lets just say that gave me extra incentive to get it!  Perfect for this time of year!  The sentiment was perfect for the distressed paper I thought I would use, a little distressing of the embossed panel, and coloring in the image with distress ink and a watercolor pen, stacked some butttons over the string and I was done.  Hopefully it will be a little sunnier tomorrow so I can get some yard work done - but it was nice to have a crafting day!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Unity
Ink: Ancient Page, Distress Ink
Paper: K & Co, Kraft from Michaels
Hemp string, Buttons, Cuttlebug EB folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!